Friday, November 16, 2007

Wading through glue
Work feels like wading through glue today – there always seems to be something stopping me making any progress… probably because George cried all night and I’m a little tired. I feel like I’m working in slow motion.

Lost the whole day yesterday doing filming – so I want to feel I’ve achieved something today other than the little bit of video editing I’ve done.

Added to that, I’m on a finishing off day – deadline for the ImagineFX review and interview. This is a really short review and a really short interview with an artist that uses the software (mudbox – a 3d sculpting package). Easy enough you’d think, but it’s the interview that always slows things down. Somehow artists never seem to be able to get back to me before the deadline… it’s partially my fault for not working far enough ahead, but somehow the job always seems to expand to fill just a little more time than you have to do it.
Got booked for another review for Computer Arts while I was away yesterday. It’s again only a short review, but it’s a big professional product – Toonboom – an animation package, and I’m going to have to work hard to understand the concepts enough to review it in the time I can allot to such a small piece.

All of this adds to the feeling of wading through glue.

No comments: