Tuesday, November 13, 2007



Anatomy Poster
You don’t think when you become an artist that you’re going to need to know how to find the Olfactory bulb or the Corpus Callosum. However, you do need to be able to become an expert in everything…



I’ve got the OK over the basic layout of the anatomy poster – great because it’s a little unusual. I’ve now got to finish labeling up the various body parts. The brain is a real pig – none of the reference images I can find give the same names for the parts on my model. Also, many of the parts are different shapes on my model to the reference images.


I’m still fairly confident about the model as it’s based largely on scans and purports to be very accurate. There’s still a whole mess of stuff in the middle of the brain that I’m having difficulty identifying.


Added to this, Photoshop isn’t really cut out for labeling – I’ve now got hundreds of layers to my pic - all with titles I don’t understand… it’s turning into a real mess.



No comments: