Tuesday, December 4, 2007

the solar system to scale

Poster
Re worked the anatomy poster again. They wanted it a little more traditional, so I’ve used a hand drawn filter and a paper texture to give it a softer edge. I actually prefer the first version, but it’s not what the client is after, so hopefully this will be more to their taste.


I’ve also rendered out brief clips from my celebrity shooting session at the premiere of the golden compass and put them up on http://www.footage.shutterstock.com/
Hopefully they’ll make a little cash – I’ve got high hopes for Nicole Kidman, Hugh Grant and Daniel Craig… not so much for Trinny and the X factor crew!


Solar system

I’ve also been doing a couple of requests for science photo library. Planets and their scale compared to one another. These shots are mainly aimed at textbooks, so they’re informative rather than arty. You have to reign in your desire to make things strikingly unusual when doing stock – you want to create images that will be interesting, but still fit in with whatever style the buyer wants.

No comments: